So, Gigabyte today unveiled its new X299 Aorus Gaming 7 Pro motherboard. Also, that is a new model from the manufacturer with a lot of RGB LED lighting with much in common with the average Gaming 7 model. Also, that is prepared for quadruple multi-GPU configurations. In addition, it incorporates five PCIe 3.0 x16 ports along with three M.2 ports (one hidden in the chipset heatsink) with the heatsink. And the usual 8 DIMMs for DDR4 memory, all with LED lighting, including the chipset heatsinks and the coverage of the I/O zone.
Gigabyte reveals its new board X299 Aorus Gaming 7 Pro
Unlike the non-Pro model, this includes a Turbo B-Clock controller for overclocking, thus improving the capabilities of the motherboard in this feature.
The electrical design comes with the original model with 12 power phases and two 8-pin EPS connectors. This supply gets cool by a more massive than usual heatsink in the upper part connected to a second cooling element in the I/O zone, which also has a small 40mm fan for current dissipation.
Regarding connectivity, we have two Gigabit Ethernet networks together with an 802.11ac WiFi network that we can find in the I/O zone. That equipment comes with 9 USB ports, including a USB Type C port and audio jacks bathed in gold.
This new motherboard should be available soon, with a price slightly higher than the Gaming 7 model.
- Supports Intel® Core ™ X-Series Processor Family
- Quad Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
- Intel® Optane ™ Memory Ready
- ASMedia 3142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C ™ and Type-A
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Header
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable ™ Design
- Server-Class Digital Power Design
- 121dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220 & High-End ESS SABER 9018 DAC with WIMA audio capacitor
- Sound BlasterX 720 °, the top-of-the-line audio engine solution for 4K gaming and entertainment
- Killer DoubleShot ™ Pro for the best gaming networking experience possible
- Killer 2 × 2 802.11ac Wireless – AC 1535
- Intel® GbE LAN Gaming Network
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone Digital LED Light Show design, support digital LED & RGB LED strips
- Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Triple Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface and Thermal Guard
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 support by optional adapter
- Precise Digital USB Fuse Design for Stronger Protection
- Anti-Sulfur Resistor Design
- Ultra Durable ™ 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection
- Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt ™ 3 AIC Support
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS ™ with Q-Flash Plus USB port
- APP Center Including EasyTune ™ and Cloud Station ™ Utilities