Gigabyte today unveiled its new AMD TR4 socket top plate. This is the new X399 Designare EX, a model with a PCB based on the existing AORUS Gaming 7, but with an aesthetic based on silver colors and new RGB LED lighting. Another new option for AMD Threadripper enthusiast processors, which now has a limited number of available models.
The board has a PCIe distribution of 5 PCIe 3.0 x16 ports all reinforced with the metal structure as well as the 8 DIMM slots, thus allowing multi-GPU configurations quadruples. Neither have the M.2 ports available, with three M.2 slots with a heatsink included (two of them 22110 and 2280), finishing with the storage options, we will have 8 SATA 3 ports.
The new motherboard has two large power zones with two large heatsinks connected by a heat pipe for cooling the area. This model has two EPS connectors of 8 and four pins for powering the CPU, while in terms of memory we will have native DDR4-3600 support and we can install up to 128GB maximum.
This new motherboard will be available from mid-October. Also, it will come at an estimated price higher than the current AORUS Gaming 7 that costs about 370 €. We leave you with the specifications:
TR4 X399 Designare EX Specifications:
- Socket: Socket TR4
- Chipset: AMD X399
- Form Factor: ATX
- Memory slot: DDR4-3600 + × 8 (up to 128GB / ECC support)
- Expansion slots: PCI-Express3.0 (x16) × 2, PCI-Express3.0 (x8 / x16 shape) × 2, PCI-Express2.0 (x4 / x16 shape) × 1
- Storage: SATA3.0 (6Gbps) × 8, M.2 22110 × 2, M.2 2280 × 1
- LAN: Dual Gigabit LAN (Intel I211AT × 2), IEEE 802.11ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2
- Sound: 7.1ch HD audio (Realtek ALC1220)
- Interface: USB3.1 Gen.2 × 2 (Type-A / Type-C), USB3.1 Gen.1 × 8, PS / 2 × 1, Gigabit LAN × 2, audio terminals × 5, an optical audio terminal × 1
- Dimensions: 305 × 244mm