Intel today unveiled the new Intel Xeon E-2100 processor. The new Intel Xeon E processor is designed for entry-level workstations that offer developers powerful single-threaded application performance with a platform optimized for reliability and affordability.
“With today’s workloads of workstations, aging workstations impede productivity, collaboration, and creativity. The launch of the Intel Xeon E processor is intended to deliver the essential performance and images for inbound workstations, as well as optimizing the innovative form factors, designs and diverse requirements of our customers,” said Jennifer Huffstetler, vice president, and general manager, Data Center Product Management, Intel Corporation.
The new Intel Xeon E processor offers a powerful combination of performance and capabilities for entry-level workstations. They are designed and engineered for the demands of creative professionals. Compared to its predecessor, the new processor offers higher maximum turbo frequency, faster DRAM speeds, improved I/O, and advanced safety and reliability features. These processors are available with Intel® UHD graphics that support a wide range of workstation applications.
The Intel Xeon E-2100 processor is a 6-core processor for entry-level workstations. The combination of two additional cores and a single-core turbo frequency provides performance increases at workstation cue points compared to previous 4-core input workstation processors. The processor offers Error Correction Code (ECC) memory, a key feature to maximize data integrity, to help improve system stability and reduce the possibility of silent data corruption.
Workstations with Intel Xeon processors meet the highly diversified demands of creative professionals in fields such as architecture, engineering, media and entertainment, and financial services. The Intel Xeon E processor is the latest addition to Intel’s portfolio of workstation-optimized processors, which also includes Intel Xeon scalable processors (offering innovative dual-socket performance for the most advanced workstation professionals) and Intel Xeon W processors (aimed at conventional workstations with a combination of performance, enhanced memory capabilities, and enhanced hardware security and reliability features).
Intel Xeon E-2100 processor Specifications
- Up to 6 cores and 12 threads
- Up to 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Up to 64 GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
- Available with Intel UHD Graphics 630 compatible with 4K UHD with integrated HEVC 10-bit hardware acceleration offers better decoding and coding of 4K media
- Up to 40 PCIe lanes for graphics, storage, and network expansion capacity
- Support for USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt technology
- Compatibility with Intel Optane memory for a faster, smoother and incredibly responsive computing experience
- Advanced security enhanced by hardware with Intel® vPro ™ technology and improved compatibility with Intel Software Guard Extensions for Intel Ethernet and Intel Wireless-AC networks