Google provides great cloud-based services, but it’s important to keep a local copy of your data. This ensures that data is available even if your account is compromised, interrupted, or lost.
CloudPull backs up your Google Account on your Mac seamlessly or dumps that information to automatically retrieve it for a change of provider, for example. Supports Gmail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, and Google Drive (formerly Docs). By default, the application backs up your accounts every hour and keeps timely snapshots of your accounts for 90 days.
CloudPull creates backups in standard file formats:
- Email messages can be imported into Apple Mail individually.
- Complete email labels can be imported into Apple Mail as mailboxes.
- Contacts can be imported into Apple Contacts.
- Calendars can be imported into Apple Calendar.
- Google Drive documents, presentations and spreadsheets can be opened with Microsoft Office and can also be imported into Pages, Keynote or Numbers. Other files in the Google unit are saved in their native formats.
CloudPull provides a native Mac interface to work with your backups:
- You can browse current backups and backups of old snapshots.
- You can preview the items backed up using Quick Look.
- You can restore items by dragging them to the Finder.
- Whether you need backups due to a problem with your Google Account or you’re offline, your backups are available on your Mac.
The application costs $24.99 and supports OS X 10.9 Mavericks or higher.