In November 2017 Firefox 57 came to light, with many advantages over its previous version and even, compared to other browsers like Google, now, this January 23 comes Firefox 58. Next we will highlight the best of this update.
Naturally, Firefox 58.0 presents improvements related to many areas of this web browser. For example, the web extensions API is new, as well as many functions that have to do with the overall performance.
Old profiles not supported
It is important to note that the patterns that were created during the previous version will not be compatible with Firefox 58, we must create new profiles to be able to use them in this update.
Once we have configured the entire browser according to our preferences, it is possible that some extension needs to modify part of that configuration, but it is surely something that we do not want. With this new version of the browser, we will be able to know when and which extension has changed our preferences to be able to disable it, if we want it.
Important improvements for the user
Developers now have an improved API for creating themes and other functions within WebExtensions. But traditional users will also notice improvements that go beyond performance, for example:
- Screenshots can now be made from private browsing and can be stored in the clipboard.
- Progressively the autocomplete function will be added in forms that require banking data such as credit cards and other important ones such as passwords. We can decide where this information can be stored.
- Optimization of the functions that detect websites that are not very beneficial for users.
- Added the runtime permission request feature in Android extensions.
- Change color of the status bar.
- Use of version 4 of the security protocol in navigation.
If you have not yet changed to the new Firefox Quantum browser, we invite you to download the latest version.
- Download Firefox for Windows, Mac, Linux
- Release Notes for Firefox for Windows, Mac, Linux
- Download Firefox for Android
- Release Notes for Firefox for Android