The Xiaomi family of economic devices is renewed. The Chinese manufacturer, which recently made the news for finally landing in the world. The company has unveiled the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus, two externally almost identical phones that stand on for their rounded corner screens, free batteries and fairly contained rates. Also, the Plus version incorporates slightly more capable hardware and a larger screen.
Xiaomi announces the cheap Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus, with rounded corner screens
In addition, it comes with a size of 5.7 and 5.99 inches, respectively, the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 (Plus) is presented with a metal chassis and design without significant boasting beyond its screen, leaving hollow in its back for a reader of fingerprints.
At the processor level, the first of them mount the intermediate Snapdragon 450, while the Plus variant makes use of the more powerful Snapdragon 625. The technical description of one and the other is as follows:
- Display: 5.7 "and 1440 x 720 (Redmi 5), 5.99" and 2.160 x 1.080 (Redmi 5 Plus).
- Chipset: Snapdragon 450 (Redmi 5); Snapdragon 625 (Redmi 5 Plus).
- RAM: 2/3 GB (Redmi 5); 3/4 GB (Redmi 5 Plus).
- Storage: 16/32 GB (Redmi 5); 32/64 GB (Redmi 5 Plus). Both expandable.
- Cameras: back of 12 MP and front of 5 MP (with own flash).
- Fingerprint reader.
- Battery: 3,300 mAh (Redmi 5); 4.000 mAh (Redmi 5 Plus).
Also, the new Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 (Plus) will go on sale on December 12 in China. Also, the launching date for the world has not yet been confirmed. So, the rates in the country of the Great Wall will be 100, 115, 130, or 165 euros to change depending on the model and the variant chosen. Also, these prices should be slightly higher as given the additional costs that are usually applied when talking about importing smartphones.